The Weary Traveler

It's a busy night and you can hear the remnants of the kitchen cleaning up and getting ready to leave for the night. Children are playing in the halls and a group of old high school friends sit by the fire discussing times gone by and their families. As I'm sitting here, all I can think of is that I am tired. I'm tired of working for a life that I'm not living. I've had plans to do fantastic things but unfortunately to make it in the real world you have to work to survive. This seems like such a twisted way to live life. I'm also tired of dealing with the people who can't seem to take life seriously. I know that after my first statement this seems contradictory. What I mean, in fact, is that I'm tired of the people who don't understand that tomorrow is never a guarantee. I'm tired of all the negativity that I am dealt by this everyday. Mostly I want a life that is filled with moments. I want to look back on my life and be proud of the life that I lived because I did everything I wanted, good and bad. I want to be able to say that I've been to all the places that I have kept hidden in box for the eventual "some day". I want to be able to say that I fought to make my place in the world and make it mine, not that I allowed the world to beat me into submission simply because it was hard. We have have fears in life, but what truly makes someone fearless? Spiting fear is what makes you fearless. Even when fear and anxiety are bearing down on you and you think that you may not make it through, you are fearless for continuing to try. I want to be known as fearless and I never want to feel tired and beaten again.

Comments

  1. And now you no longer have to feel this way, because everything we do and work towards, we do it together and as a team. If I know anyone that I can confidently say "This person is fearless," it is you. I love you Ash, and I am so happy to call you my wife, and to be able to work together as a team to make our dreams a reality.
    You are fearless. You are strong. You are the boldest person I know, and I couldn't be happier or more lucky to call you mine. I am so happy to walk down this path of life with you, and there's no one else I'd rather walk that path with than you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts