A Break from Packing


After packing for most of this week, it was nice to take a break. I watched Iron Man 2 and it was great. I know it hasn't come out in theaters yet but I have my secret ways. I sold all of my textbooks today and actually got a good amount of money back from it. For a broke college student, $209 is a lot of money. I've begun reading House of Many Ways, the sequel to Howl's Moving Castle, and it seems to be really good so far. I wish that Studio Ghibli had made a movie of it as well. I ended up going to another park today, which is what the series of photos here are from. I didn't have my camera on me so I used my phone. Today though, phones sometimes take better photos than actual cameras do.The first photo is of Lake Dardanelle just outside the entrance to the park. The next is of a flower that I have only seen twice in my lifetime. I have yet to find out what kind it is and would be very grateful to anyone who can identify it for me. The next is from a the trail I found the flower on. It was quite steep and very hot. It's been in the 80s and 90s here for a while now. After that is a photo of the bathroom at the park which apparently had a fire take place inside of it. The signs on the bathroom doors were melted off as well at the plastic plumbing to which a water fountain used to be attached. The last is of Lake Dardanelle once again with one of the prettier sunsets I've managed to capture. It was a lot better in person though.

Comments

Popular Posts