Neglected Inspiration

Tonight I feel inspired. The problem is that I have no outlet. I'm inspired to cook and have no oven and no actual ingredients. I guess it's one of the many problems with living in a dorm. For once, I'm glad to say that I'll be back in my hometown. I'm sure that won't last very long though. I was so glad to be leaving it and I left it behind without a second glance. Now it seems that I'm drawn back to it because of it's simplicity. I don't relish in the thought of living with my parents again. I've been alone for a year now and I like it that way. I like having my freedom to do as I like, but now I'm going to have to live with them in a trailer house and find a job. I'm hoping that I can get a good job, get through two years at the community college with a GPA that I find fitting, and finally come back here to the university and graduate. I think that my problem is that I don't set my standards like I should and I tend to let people get to me a little too much. I'm going to try to change that. I'm going to make myself be the person I want to be and stop caring about who other people want me to be. I don't care if I let others down as long as I don't let myself down. I've cared so much about other people that I neglected myself. I'm not going to become selfish but I'm going to start dedicating a little more time to what I need to do for myself. First thing I have to do is get my life back on track.

Comments

Popular Posts