Storm Chasing Decisions

The sound of a creaky floorboards and heavy interstate traffic comfort me this evening which is much better than the way I was awoken this afternoon. I was half awake and aware that a thunderstorm was raging outside and I was content to stay in bed, nice and dry. Unfortunately fate had a much crueler idea. Right as I began drifting off into paradise the fire alarm goes off. It's a sound I've yet to find words to describe but trust me when I tell you that it's extremely annoying. I took my time leaving my room because at that point I was to annoyed to care if I got trapped in an inferno. The girl one room down was coming out of her room at the same time as me. I smiled at her trying to seem more friendly than I was feeling. She smiled back commenting that she hoped she wasn't the one who set it off admitting that she was smoking in her room. Surprisingly, I didn't get annoyed with her. I wouldn't want to stand outside in the downpour to smoke a cigarette either. After about 15 minutes of standing in the rain and watching the stormy scenery, I was a little calmer but with a very bad headache. I gave up on going back to sleep. Once I'm up, I stay up. Not going back to sleep resulted in a road trip and some amateur storm chaseing with a friend. We had heard that there was a storm system with tornado activity nearby and decided to check it out. Once we ran into the hail and wall cloud though we decided to head back towards the city. Somehow we ended up lost and found ourselves in a town about 10 miles away. At this point we decided to go back to the university for dinner. Dinner is always interesting but I'll leave the conversations that occur there between myself and my friends. I think that I have finally come to a conclusion about my college issues. I've decided that I should move back to my hometown and attend the community college there, getting all my requirements out of the way while earning a little money on the side and then transfer back here to the university and focus on my interests. Hopefully I can pull it all off.

Comments

Popular Posts